Maybe I have been out of the market just a little too long. To me, Daiwa meant Certate & Exist Reels, Steez Rods and of course $$$$ signs. Don’t get me wrong, the above rod and reels have earned their reputation for high-end quality tackle but I couldn’t have been more further from the truth when thinking Daiwa was just too pricey.
I was lucky enough to visit the Daiwa Warehouse the other week and had the pleasure to meet Bradley Sissins. It is through Brad’s hard work and devoted passion that he has developed products specifically for Australian use. There are actually some really nice quality rods and reels that suit the budgets of the everyday family.
If you haven’t famaliarised yourself yet with the Generation Black range then I suggest you get into your local tackle shop and take a look. What sold me was: –
1. The lightness of each rod in the range. The high-end components are what makes these rods so light
2. The ergonomic design of the reel seat and grips. It sits so comfortably in your hand and when you are fishing for 7 hours a day this is important
3. The classy matte black finish and Fuji Alconite guides
4. The price, coupled with a Freams reel you can pick up a combo for under $350 recommended retail
5. And last but not least the name. Pretty cool I think with names such as “Itchy Twitchy”, “Pinster” etc;
If you are in the market for a new rod, do yourself a favour and check out “Generation Black” for yourself. For more specifications visit Daiwa’s website at: http://daiwafishing.com.au