From accross the pond, Brian Brennan, another self confessed light tackle fishing junkie takes lureandfly.com’s Lucky 7 this week.
1. What’s your name and where are you from?
2. What part do you play in the fishing community today?
3. What was it that really got you into fishing and how old were you?
I owe my love of fishing to my dad. He got me started when I was 3 yrs old and I have fished ever since. I got really into it when I turned 17 and got my license. I bought my first bass boat at 21 and have had one ever since.
4. What is your greatest fishing memory?
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Hopefully retired from my job as a police officer. I have been one since I was 20 years old. Fishing has always been a release of sorts for me. A nice month long visit to AU to meet all my online mates and to catch a few bream too.
6. What’s top of the “bucket list”?
7. Who do you look up to in the fishing community?
Ray Scott for making tournament fishing as big as it is here in the USA, Forrest Wood for building my preferred brand Ranger Boats, and all the great Australian anglers who befriended a crazy yank fisho who stumbled onto the bream scene by accident back in 2004 and never left. And of course the crew at Lure and Fly for keeping it real and writing about the sport we all love so much