It is with pleasure that we introduce Harry Watson for this weeks Lucky 7. Harry is the owner of Jackall Bros Australia importing and distributing lures to retailers. He is also an icon on the tournament circuit and has appeared in many occasions on the AFC. Who can forget that episode that Harry caught “Hank”. I think we all fish for “Hank” these days in a tournament.
1. What’s your name and where are you from?
2. What part do you play in the fishing community today?
3. What was it that really got you into fishing and how old were you?
As a kid everyone fished where I came from. My dad was a hunter not a fisherman so my mates and I would walk or bike to the river and fish for mullet or bass when we weren’t hunting. Celtas or rubber floppies were the go then. Later when I moved to SE QLD my interest became impoundment fishing. The lakes where I live were the first to be stocked with bass.
4. What is your greatest fishing memory?
That’s a tough one. I’ve won lots of comps ,bass grand finals. megabucks, AFC etc. Sturgen fishing in Canada, salmon fishing in Oregan, Bass in California.
Sometimes my better memories are tough bites where I worked out a pattern that nobody else could. It always felt better to me to find and catch fish away from the packs or find something new that the fish would bite.
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
6. What’s top of the “bucket list”?
7. Who do you look up to in the fishing community?
Mmm I’m not sure I “look up to” anyone. I have some friends in the industry that are good for the industry that I respect for what they do.